Call for Maps, Posters, Scripts and Web Applications
The Washington State Chapter of URISA (WAURISA) invites you to share your best poster, map, web applications or script with the broader community at the 2019 Washington GIS Conference.
This year’s poster presentation showcase will provide the opportunity to share and exhibit your creative talents, inspire your peers and potentially earn some cash in the process!
● Best Cartographic Design
● Best Analytic Presentation
● Best Data Integration
● Best Online Interactive (Web) Map
● Best Student Map
● Best Innovative Scripting or Geoprocessing Tool
● Best Mobile App
Submissions may include:
● Online interactive map / app
● Mobile Apps
● Maps and posters to display in our gallery
o Poster size dimensions will need to be no larger than 48” x 96”.
Entrees must be submitted through our online form and must meet guidelines outlined on our website. Submissions that do not meet these guidelines will not be displayed at the conference.
Fellow conference attendees will cast votes for their favorite entry for each category. The winners will receive Amazon gift card prizes. Posters are not allowed to be removed prior to 1:00 PM on Thursday, May 23. Posters left behind will not be returned. Entrants do not have to attend the conference; however, there is no guarantee their map or poster will be displayed in their absence.
Submit Abstracts at: https://waurisa.org/Poster-Contest
Submission DEADLINE: May 17, 2019
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.orgAdditional information at: https://waurisa.org/
Calling All Students!
WAURISA invites you to share your original work related to GIS, geography, or geographic research by entering the Dick Thomas Student
Presentation Competition and Award, the DTA.
The DTA Student Presentation Competition will occur on Thursday, May 23rd during the 2019 Washington GIS Conference at the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center in Tacoma, WA.
Individuals chosen to present will gain recognition in the professional community, raise awareness of critical issues, and be eligible to win cash prizes.
o 1st Place $500
o 2nd Place $250
o 3rd Place $125
● The DTA Student Presentation Competition is open to all currently enrolled students, and students who have graduated or completed classes within the last year
● Projects presented need to have occurred while students were still attending school
● Presentation abstracts will be accepted from February 1st through March 8th.
● The DTA Submission Form and Additional Guidelines and FAQs are posted on the DTA Competition page of the 2019 Washington GIS Conference website.
● Please contact the DTA Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions.